undefined symbol: Perl_Gthr_key_ptr post upgrading to RHEL 7.6

undefined symbol: Perl_Gthr_key_ptr post upgrading to RHEL 7.6

Users mailing list
Hello Team,

We run FreeRADIUS Version 2.2.9.

We upgraded to RHEL 7.6, post which radiusd does not starup.

Error as follows :

[app@host967 lib]$ /usr/sbin/radiusd
/usr/sbin/radiusd: symbol lookup error: /lib/rlm_perl-2.2.9.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Gthr_key_ptr

P.S : We did not recompile/rebuild FreeRadius or Perl post the OS upgrade.

Thanks

Prayank Chandorkar

"Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).
are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient. you are hereby notified that any
review. re-transmission. conversion to hard copy. copying. circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient. please notify the sender immediately by return email.
and delete this message and any attachments from your system.

Virus Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email.
The company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachment."
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: undefined symbol: Perl_Gthr_key_ptr post upgrading to RHEL 7.6

Kristofer Hallin
You're running an ancient version of FreeRADIUS and should really upgrade
it instead of trying to solve those issues you have.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

On Oct 16, 2020, at 2:37 AM, Prayank Chandorkar via Freeradius-Users <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We run FreeRADIUS Version 2.2.9.

  Which is very old and end of life.

  If you keep running v2, you should at least use 2.2.10

> We upgraded to RHEL 7.6, post which radiusd does not starup.
>
> Error as follows :
>
> [app@host967 lib]$ /usr/sbin/radiusd
> /usr/sbin/radiusd: symbol lookup error: /lib/rlm_perl-2.2.9.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Gthr_key_ptr
>
> P.S : We did not recompile/rebuild FreeRadius or Perl post the OS upgrade.

  That's the problem.

  When you do an OS upgrade, you update all of the libraries on that platform.  So you can't just copy a binary from an old OS onto a new OS.  You have to rebuild FreeRADIUS on the new OS.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html