radiusd -C

Carl Davis
The FAQ says I can use radiusd -C to check the files before a HUP, it
also gives a nice sample script to use to check for necessary updating
of the users file.  However, I get

radiusd: invalid option -- C

The FAQ says 1.6.4 and later, but the latest version that can be
downloaded is only 1.0.2?

Carl

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: radiusd -C

Alan DeKok
Carl Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The FAQ says 1.6.4 and later, but the latest version that can be
> downloaded is only 1.0.2?

  Hmm... the FAQ is really old.  That option isn't supported, and the
1.6.4 thing is for Cistron, not FreeRADIUS.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: radiusd -C

Carl Davis
Is there another good option for checking the conf files before doing an
HUP?

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: radiusd -C

Alan DeKok
Carl Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there another good option for checking the conf files before doing an
> HUP?

  No, sorry.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: radiusd -C

Nicolas Baradakis
Carl Davis wrote:

> Is there another good option for checking the conf files before
> doing an HUP?

There is no such option in FreeRADIUS. However, there is a script
named "check-radiusd-config" in the source tarball. (unfortunately
this script is broken in version 1.0.2, you have to use a CVS
snapshot)

Nicolas Baradakis

--
A: Yes.
>Q: Are you sure?
>>A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>>Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?

Re: radiusd -C

Kenneth Grady
I do it by
modifying radiusd.conf to change the port from 0(1812) to 1645
radiusd -X > temp_file &
tail temp_file |grep Ready
kill the raidusd -X process
change the port back to 0 in radiusd.conf

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html