problem with Auth-Type DIGEST

freeradius@list.coretech.ro

hello,

I am using digest auth and I want to upgrade from cvs version
(2005-02-19) to cvs version (2005-09-01).
everything seems to be ok except that the digest auth does not work anymore.

I have noticed, in debug mode (radiusd -X), the following differences
between the two versions:

===== cvs version (2005-09-01) =====
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type DIGEST
auth: type Local
auth: No User-Password or CHAP-Password attribute in the request
===== cvs version (2005-09-01) =====

===== cvs version (2005-02-19) =====
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type DIGEST
auth: type digest
===== cvs version (2005-02-19) =====

===== relevant portions of radiusd.conf =====
modules {
    digest {

authorize {
        preprocess
        auth_log
        chap
        digest
        sql
}

authenticate {
        Auth-Type PAP {
                pap
        }

        Auth-Type CHAP {
                chap
        }

        digest
}
===== relevant portions of radiusd.conf =====

is something changed in configuration ?

Thanks,
Razvan Radu

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: problem with Auth-Type DIGEST

Alan DeKok
"[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am using digest auth and I want to upgrade from cvs version
> (2005-02-19) to cvs version (2005-09-01).
> everything seems to be ok except that the digest auth does not work anymore.

  It's not just digest, it's a little wider problem than that.  Try it
again, and it might work. :)

  The problem was a bug in CVS.  I've committed a fix.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html