picks up the same request twice

vicky-2
Hello RADIUS-people!

In my radius server I have a certain NAS defined in the clients.conf
file as (example) :
client 1.1.1.1{
    shortname = one
    secret = oneone
}
and the same NAS in the proxy.conf file like this :
realm one{
    type = radius
    authhost  = 1.1.1.1:1812
    accthost  = 1.1.1.1:1813
    secret = oneone
}

This creates confusion because when receiving a request from this NAS,
my radius server recognize it twice. One that is proxied and one that is
"treated" locally (without striping of the realm). How can I solve this
so that when the request should be proxied it is only proxied and when
it should be treated locally it is only treated locally?

I hope I made my question clear...

Loads of thanks!

--
Vicky

Re: picks up the same request twice

Dusty Doris

> Hello RADIUS-people!
>
> In my radius server I have a certain NAS defined in the clients.conf
> file as (example) :
> client 1.1.1.1{
>     shortname = one
>     secret = oneone
> }
> and the same NAS in the proxy.conf file like this :
> realm one{
>     type = radius
>     authhost  = 1.1.1.1:1812
>     accthost  = 1.1.1.1:1813
>     secret = oneone
> }
>
> This creates confusion because when receiving a request from this NAS,
> my radius server recognize it twice. One that is proxied and one that is
> "treated" locally (without striping of the realm). How can I solve this
> so that when the request should be proxied it is only proxied and when
> it should be treated locally it is only treated locally?
>
> I hope I made my question clear...
>
> Loads of thanks!

Having that IP in clients.conf and proxy.conf is not causing confusion,
that's required.  I'm not sure I understand what the issue is, can you
post radiusd -X output and show where the problem is?

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

vicky <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This creates confusion because when receiving a request from this NAS,
> my radius server recognize it twice.

  I don't think so.

  I've successfully run both client & multiple servers on the same box
without any problems.

> One that is proxied and one that is "treated" locally (without
> striping of the realm).

  I think you're confused.  When the server proxies a request, is ALSO
processes it locally.  This is so that you can control the reply to
the NAS.

  If you want the RADIUS server to NOT process the request locally,
edit it's configuration files so that the only thing it does is
proxying.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html