pam_radius relases

Adrian Tschira
Hey there,

we recently ran into some trouble on a v6-only migration when we
discovered pam_radius did not support IPv6. While the master branch
supports IPv6 the latest release, 1.4.0 from 2014, does not include
those patches. There is an open issue asking about a new release[1], but
it hasn't gotten any attention for a while.

Has anyone been working towards a new release and are there any
obstacles I could help with?

Adrian Tschira

  [1] https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/pam_radius/issues/42

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: pam_radius relases

Alan DeKok-2
On Jul 11, 2020, at 12:21 PM, Adrian Tschira <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> we recently ran into some trouble on a v6-only migration when we discovered pam_radius did not support IPv6. While the master branch supports IPv6 the latest release, 1.4.0 from 2014, does not include those patches. There is an open issue asking about a new release[1], but it hasn't gotten any attention for a while.
>
> Has anyone been working towards a new release and are there any obstacles I could help with?

  It's mostly a matter of just doing it.  I've just released version 2.0.0 of the PAM module, and updated the main FreeRADIUS web site.

  I suppose we should build packages for it, too.  Maybe I'll add some more work for Matthew Newton by asking him to do that.  :)

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: pam_radius relases

Matthew Newton-2

On 21/07/2020 21:07, Alan DeKok wrote:
>    It's mostly a matter of just doing it.  I've just released version 2.0.0 of the PAM module, and updated the main FreeRADIUS web site.
>
>    I suppose we should build packages for it, too.  Maybe I'll add some more work for Matthew Newton by asking him to do that.  :)

Sure, that makes sense; I'll add it to the list :)

--
Matthew