openldap-ltb conflicts with package symas-openldap-servers

openldap-ltb conflicts with package symas-openldap-servers

Dave Macias
Hello,

Saw the new 3.0.21 release email and wanted to try instead of the centos
pkgs.
Used this wiki https://networkradius.com/freeradius-packages/
but get a conflict:

$ yum install freeradius
Updating:
Install             ( 3 Dependent packages)
Upgrade  1 Package  (+2 Dependent packages)

Total size: 11 M
Is this ok [y/d/N]: y
Downloading packages:
warning:
/var/cache/yum/x86_64/7/networkradius/packages/freeradius-config-3.0.21-1.x86_64.rpm:
Header V4 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID 41382202: NOKEY
Retrieving key from file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/packages.networkradius.com.gpg
Importing GPG key 0x41382202:
 Userid     : "Network RADIUS Support (package signing) <
[hidden email]>"
 Fingerprint: 86e3 c308 3f30 8400 a898 5d2a be18 fc5a 4138 2202
 From       : /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/packages.networkradius.com.gpg
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Running transaction check
Running transaction test

Transaction check error:

*  file /usr/lib/systemd/system/slapd.service from install of
openldap-ltb-2.4.49-1.el7.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
symas-openldap-servers-2.4.49-1.el7.x86_64*
Error Summary
-------------

My current environment:
3.10.0-1062.18.1.el7.x86_64
CentOS Linux release 7.7.1908 (Core)
Using centos repo pkg freeradius 3.0.13

How can i resolve?
Please let me know if you need more information from me.
Any input is much appreciated!

Thank you,
Dave
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: openldap-ltb conflicts with package symas-openldap-servers

arr2036

> My current environment:
> 3.10.0-1062.18.1.el7.x86_64
> CentOS Linux release 7.7.1908 (Core)
> Using centos repo pkg freeradius 3.0.13
>
> How can i resolve?

Send a PR to update the spec files to accommodate your proprietary LDAP packages... Or have Symas doing it as you're paying them for support.

-Arran
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: openldap-ltb conflicts with package symas-openldap-servers

Dave Macias

> Send a PR to update the spec files to accommodate your proprietary LDAP
> packages... Or have Symas doing it as you're paying them for support.

Thank you for the input!
No, we are not paying them since we using the community version.
We are testing symas since Redhat cut openldap support for RHEL8. (testing
for the future)
Will attempt a PR.

Thanks,
Dave
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: openldap-ltb conflicts with package symas-openldap-servers

Dave Macias
Update:

Asked the openldap folks and they gave me some kind pointers:
https://lists.openldap.org/hyperkitty/list/openldap-technical@.../thread/2AQRNPL3R7XMJIPWGJXWXAVK5HYLKG4A/
https://lists.openldap.org/hyperkitty/list/openldap-technical@.../thread/IZV3IPZWZ4MK4RK3WAOJDAOJOYSIWRWB/

So, here is my attempt at modifying the spec file:
https://github.com/davama/freeradius-server/commit/dab208186d440196c297821f0c965a8adf62c1f9#diff-0fd2f478d38f3ca02528ab05e3f7ff82
https://github.com/davama/freeradius-server/commit/7fa0f49e25de874bb50345846aba3a8018bac28e#diff-0fd2f478d38f3ca02528ab05e3f7ff82
https://github.com/davama/freeradius-server/commit/de1968fdab77eeb1fa6d63f23ee0fb3728fa49ea#diff-0fd2f478d38f3ca02528ab05e3f7ff82

Im sure there is some things that are off...want to make sure it is correct
before create the PR.

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 11:08 AM Dave Macias <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Send a PR to update the spec files to accommodate your proprietary LDAP
>> packages... Or have Symas doing it as you're paying them for support.
>>

> Thank you for the input!
> No, we are not paying them since we using the community version.
> We are testing symas since Redhat cut openldap support for RHEL8. (testing
> for the future)
> Will attempt a PR.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: openldap-ltb conflicts with package symas-openldap-servers

Josef Vybíhal
Did you test it? And does it *actually work* together?

Do you remember the one paragraph on
https://networkradius.com/freeradius-packages/ ?
Note: CentOS and RedHat link their LDAP libraries against NSS. FreeRADIUS
uses OpenSSL. NSS and OpenSSL cannot be used in the same application, as
they will cause it to crash. FreeRADIUS therefore must use libldap from the
LDAP Toolbox Project, which uses OpenSSL.

I kind of smell that Symas has it linked against nss and it will create
conflict(s). So mangling freeradius specfile seems kind of irrelevant to
me. Or am I wrong?

P.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html