mrtg

Micko
HI!

I use FreeRADIUS as proxy.
I would like to know if I can create mrtg using snmp on how many users are
currently connected?

Thank you!
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: mrtg

Alan DeKok
Micko <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would like to know if I can create mrtg using snmp on how many users are
> currently connected?

  FreeRADIUS doesn't supply that information through SNMP.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: mrtg

Thor Spruyt
Alan DeKok wrote:
> Micko <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I would like to know if I can create mrtg using snmp on how many
>> users are currently connected?
>
>   FreeRADIUS doesn't supply that information through SNMP.

You *could* store the sessions in a database from which this info can be
retrieved.

--
Groeten, Regards, Salutations,

Thor Spruyt
M: +32 (0)475 67 22 65
E: [hidden email]
W: www.thor-spruyt.com

www.salesguide.be
www.telenethotspot.be

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: mrtg

Alan DeKok
"Thor Spruyt" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You *could* store the sessions in a database from which this info can be
> retrieved.

  Sure.  Then hack the SNMP code to export it, create MIBs, etc.

  I'm not sure how to do this, and the demand for it is small.  If
someone submits patches, great.  Otherwise, oh well...

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: mrtg

Kevin Bonner
On Thursday 09 June 2005 02:21, Micko wrote:
> HI!
>
> I use FreeRADIUS as proxy.
> I would like to know if I can create mrtg using snmp on how many users are
> currently connected?
>
> Thank you!

IMO, it would be difficult for the radius server to give accurate data.  MRTG
should be able to query your NAS equipment to determine how many users are
connected on each device under your control.

We use the SNMP support in FreeRADIUS to graph packet/request info for radiusd
on each server we have in production.

Kevin Bonner

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: mrtg

Radoslav Kolev-2

> I would like to know if I can create mrtg using snmp on how many users
are
> currently connected?
Yes, you can.  MRTG can get data not only from SNMP but it can execute
an arbitrary program and parse the output.  It's a four line format it
expects if I remember right.  Look at the MRTG docs for details, and
a simple shell script with stuff like radwho | wc .. should do the work.

Regards,
Rado

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: mrtg

A.L.M.Buxey

[regarding number of current logged in people]

>   FreeRADIUS doesn't supply that information through SNMP.

could it?

alan
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: mrtg

Alan DeKok
[hidden email] wrote:
> >   FreeRADIUS doesn't supply that information through SNMP.
>
> could it?

  Sure.  Supply a patch. :)

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html