looking for test client for PEAP/MSCHAPv2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

looking for test client for PEAP/MSCHAPv2

Users mailing list
Hi,
 I am looking for a test client that I can use to test PEAP/MSCHAPv2
Seems radtest does not support PEAP/MSCHAPv2?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
Jim

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: looking for test client for PEAP/MSCHAPv2

Matthew Newton-3

On 14/05/2020 19:04, Jim Shi via Freeradius-Users wrote:
>   I am looking for a test client that I can use to test PEAP/MSCHAPv2
> Seems radtest does not support PEAP/MSCHAPv2?

eapol_test from wpa_supplicant:

https://w1.fi/wpa_supplicant/

There are example configs in the FreeRADIUS source (see "make test").

--
Matthew
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: looking for test client for PEAP/MSCHAPv2

Jorge Pereira-2
In reply to this post by Users mailing list
Hi Jimm

Take a look at “eapol_test” tool. We have some config samples in our repo.

e.g:

[jpereira@jorge-sugarloaf freeradius-server-v3.0.x.git]$ grep eapol_test -r src/
src//tests/eap-md5.conf:#   eapol_test -c eap-md5.conf -s testing123 -n
src//tests/Makefile:EAPOL_TEST = $(shell which eapol_test)
src//tests/Makefile:#  Run eapol_test if it exists.  Otherwise do nothing
src//tests/eap-mschapv2.conf:#   eapol_test -c eap-mschapv2.conf -s testing123
src//tests/eap-ttls-eap-mschapv2.conf:#   eapol_test -c eap-ttls-eap-mschapv2.conf -s testing123
src//tests/peap-mschapv2.conf:#   ./eapol_test -c peap-mschapv2.conf -s testing123
src//tests/eap-ttls-mschapv2.conf:#   eapol_test -c eap-ttls-mschapv2.conf -s testing123
src//tests/peap-client-mschapv2.conf:#   ./eapol_test -c peap-mschapv2.conf -s testing123
src//tests/.gitignore:eapol_test
src//tests/eap-tls.conf:#   eapol_test -c eap-tls.conf -s testing123
src//tests/eap-ttls-pap.conf:#   eapol_test -c eap-ttls-pap.conf -s testing123
[jpereira@jorge-sugarloaf freeradius-server-v3.0.x.git]$

---
Jorge Pereira
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>




> On 14 May 2020, at 15:04, Jim Shi via Freeradius-Users <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>  I am looking for a test client that I can use to test PEAP/MSCHAPv2
> Seems radtest does not support PEAP/MSCHAPv2?
> Any help is appreciated.
> Thanks a lot.
> Jim
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: looking for test client for PEAP/MSCHAPv2

Users mailing list
In reply to this post by Matthew Newton-3
 Hi, Matthew,
Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded the wpa_supplicant. But still don't know how the run the test.
can you please give an example how to run the test?
Thanks
Jim

    On Thursday, May 14, 2020, 11:08:15 AM PDT, Matthew Newton <[hidden email]> wrote:  
 
 
On 14/05/2020 19:04, Jim Shi via Freeradius-Users wrote:
>   I am looking for a test client that I can use to test PEAP/MSCHAPv2
> Seems radtest does not support PEAP/MSCHAPv2?

eapol_test from wpa_supplicant:

https://w1.fi/wpa_supplicant/

There are example configs in the FreeRADIUS source (see "make test").

--
Matthew
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html 
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: looking for test client for PEAP/MSCHAPv2

Alan DeKok-2
On May 15, 2020, at 1:15 PM, Jim Shi via Freeradius-Users <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded the wpa_supplicant. But still don't know how the run the test.
> can you please give an example how to run the test?

 http://deployingradius.com/scripts/eapol_test/

  Alan DeKok.



-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html