ippool and Framed-IP-Address

Volodymyr Litovka
Dear colleagues,

I didn't find this info in docs, so asking here.

In general, I want to use ippool to assign addresses for connections but
sometimes I need to assign addresses manually from the same pool. The
question is: if I will use Framed-IP-Address in "users" configuration,
how this assignment cab be reflected in ippool's configuration? At the
moment I see that, when using manual assignment, db files left
untouched, while requesting ippool for the address changes db files -
so, probably, ippool isn't aware about Framed-IP-Address in user's
config and can assign it sometimes to someone else? On the other hand,
there is no kind of 'exclude' option in ippool configuration and I can't
exclude addresses which I don't want to be assigned automatically.

Are there ways to combine automatic and manual assignments from single
pool without conflicts?

Thank you.

--
Volodymyr Litovka
   "Vision without Execution is Hallucination." -- Thomas Edison

Re: ippool and Framed-IP-Address

Volodymyr Litovka
Hi again,

On 26.11.2019 19:18, Volodymyr Litovka wrote:

> In general, I want to use ippool to assign addresses for connections
> but sometimes I need to assign addresses manually from the same pool.
> The question is: if I will use Framed-IP-Address in "users"
> configuration, how this assignment cab be reflected in ippool's
> configuration? At the moment I see that, when using manual assignment,
> db files left untouched, while requesting ippool for the address
> changes db files - so, probably, ippool isn't aware about
> Framed-IP-Address in user's config and can assign it sometimes to
> someone else? On the other hand, there is no kind of 'exclude' option
> in ippool configuration and I can't exclude addresses which I don't
> want to be assigned automatically.
to be more precise - addresses _can_ overlap if ippool:override=no .

So the question is:

--
Volodymyr Litovka
   "Vision without Execution is Hallucination." -- Thomas Edison

Re: ippool and Framed-IP-Address

Alan DeKok-2
On Nov 26, 2019, at 12:56 PM, Volodymyr Litovka <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi again,
>

> On 26.11.2019 19:18, Volodymyr Litovka wrote:
>> In general, I want to use ippool to assign addresses for connections
>> but sometimes I need to assign addresses manually from the same pool.
>> The question is: if I will use Framed-IP-Address in "users"
>> configuration, how this assignment cab be reflected in ippool's
>> configuration? At the moment I see that, when using manual assignment,
>> db files left untouched, while requesting ippool for the address
>> changes db files - so, probably, ippool isn't aware about
>> Framed-IP-Address in user's config and can assign it sometimes to
>> someone else? On the other hand, there is no kind of 'exclude' option
>> in ippool configuration and I can't exclude addresses which I don't
>> want to be assigned automatically.
> to be more precise - addresses _can_ overlap if ippool:override=no .
>
> So the question is:
>
>> Are there ways to combine automatic and manual assignments from single
>> pool without conflicts?

  You don't. The IP pools handle dynamic pools.

  If you want a static IP address to be assigned to a user, then you have to remove that IP from the pool.  And, add another rule to assign it to a user.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html