installing Freeradius on Debian 10 (buster)

installing Freeradius on Debian 10 (buster)

Hassan, Hazem (Nokia - EG/Cairo)
Hi ,

I have installed freeradius 3.0 on Debian 10 as follows :

#sudo apt-get install freeradius

And after that I added the BNG on clinets.conf file , adding a test-user for test on users file ... it doesn't work and making some troubles while restarting the freeradius service with "exit code" error.

My questions are :

  *   The above command is enough to install freeradius on Debian 10 (buster)?
  *   I didn't add any MySql databas as it should be part of the package , is not ?
  *   I googled and see some sites that drives to have daloRadius along with Debian , however I understand it shouldn't be  and they are fully independent?

Thanks,
Hazem

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: installing Freeradius on Debian 10 (buster)

Jorge Pereira-2

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

RE: installing Freeradius on Debian 10 (buster)

Hassan, Hazem (Nokia - EG/Cairo)
Understand this rule but if you read my query again , I didn’t want to go deeply but only the common steps for Debian 10.

> Em 8 de fev de 2021, à(s) 20:58, Hassan, Hazem (Nokia - EG/Cairo) <[hidden email]> escreveu:
>
> Hi ,
>
> I have installed freeradius 3.0 on Debian 10 as follows :
>
> #sudo apt-get install freeradius
>
> And after that I added the BNG on clinets.conf file , adding a test-user for test on users file ... it doesn't work and making some troubles while restarting the freeradius service with "exit code" error.

> My questions are :
>
>  *   The above command is enough to install freeradius on Debian 10 (buster)?
>  *   I didn't add any MySql databas as it should be part of the package , is not ?
>  *   I googled and see some sites that drives to have daloRadius along with Debian , however I understand it shouldn't be  and they are fully independent?
>

> Thanks,
> Hazem
>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: installing Freeradius on Debian 10 (buster)

Alan Buxey
hi,

> I have installed freeradius 3.0 on Debian 10 as follows :
>
> #sudo apt-get install freeradius
>
> And after that I added the BNG on clinets.conf file , adding a test-user for test on users file ... it doesn't work and making some troubles while restarting the freeradius service with "exit code" error.
>
> My questions are :
>
>   *   The above command is enough to install freeradius on Debian 10 (buster)?

the basic server (main core) yes

>   *   I didn't add any MySql databas as it should be part of the package , is not ?

MySQL support in freeradius is, in Debian due to package management
decisions, a separate extra package - freeradius-mysql
that will provide the support...but you have to populate the MySQL
database (wherever that is being run) yourself using the provided
templates etc

>   *   I googled and see some sites that drives to have daloRadius along with Debian , however I understand it shouldn't be  and they are fully independent?

thats some graphical frontend, its not essential or required.

however, so far you've provided very little info to help - what is
'BNG' ? what did you actually add to your clients.conf file. if its
failing to
run when you type 'freeradius -X' on your system (not 'radiusd -X
because....Debian decisions...)  then it doesnt do that with a fresh
imnstall so its an error that you have created.

alan
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html