// in user name ?

alfred hitch
Hi,

I asked this in morning also, and am still looking for ana answer.

My set up is very simple  winxp,-> wireless router -> free radius
PEAP -MSCHPv2 ..

How am I supposed to configure free radius for clients with "//"  in
their user name ?
like by default it will send
domainname//user-name

are // allowed ? if I just add user names like this, PEAP is failing ..

Anyone please guide this new bie.

Cheers,
Alfred

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: // in user name ?

Alan DeKok
alfred hitch <[hidden email]> wrote:
> How am I supposed to configure free radius for clients with "//"  in
> their user name ?

  You put the slash in the user name?

> are // allowed ?

  Yes.

>  if I just add user names like this, PEAP is failing ..

  Probably because the XP client is lying to the server.  It's known
to do that.

> like by default it will send
> domainname//user-name

  XP?  I don't think so.  I think you mean domain\\username.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: // in user name ?

alfred hitch
yea I am sorry I mean \\ only ..