freeradius 3 - CoA & clients from db and not from clients.conf

freeradius 3 - CoA & clients from db and not from clients.conf

Lakshman P
I am on Freeradius 3.0.15

When i add my client (NAS IP) in clients.conf my configuration of the CoA
is perfect, working fine without any problem.

The issue is my clients list should come from the database but not this
file. I add the client in my nas table and during the server startup i see
the message

rlm_sql (sql): Executing select query: SELECT id, nasname, shortname, type,
secret, server FROM nas

rlm_sql (sql): Adding client 192.168.0.12 (myNAS) to global clients list

rlm_sql (192.168.0.12): Client "myNAS" (sql) added

But when I send a CoA request i get the message

WARNING: Unknown destination 192.168.0.12:3799 for CoA request.

I am looking for a solution where i can have clients listed only in
database but
not in the clients.conf file.

Any thoughts??

Thanks.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: freeradius 3 - CoA & clients from db and not from clients.conf

Alan DeKok-2
On Aug 9, 2017, at 2:07 PM, Lakshman P <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When i add my client (NAS IP) in clients.conf my configuration of the CoA
> is perfect, working fine without any problem.

  That's good.

> The issue is my clients list should come from the database but not this
> file. I add the client in my nas table and during the server startup i see
> the message
>
> rlm_sql (sql): Executing select query: SELECT id, nasname, shortname, type,
> secret, server FROM nas
>
> rlm_sql (sql): Adding client 192.168.0.12 (myNAS) to global clients list

  That's a client.  i.e. a system which can send CoA-Request packets to the server.

> But when I send a CoA request i get the message
>
> WARNING: Unknown destination 192.168.0.12:3799 for CoA request.

  Yes.

> I am looking for a solution where i can have clients listed only in
> database but not in the clients.conf file.

  That is not supported in v3.

  As always, patches are welcome.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html