errors on starting deamon

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

errors on starting deamon

Noel Rwamatsika
hi there,

i have the following error when i try to start the free radius daemon:

roke-billing:/home/noel # rcfreeradius start
Starting RADIUS daemon radiusd: Error: No log destination specified.
startproc:  exit status of parent of /usr/sbin/radiusd: 1
                                                                     failed
I have specified the log destination in the radius.conf file as /var/log/radius


when i check the log, this is what i see
Fri Oct 17 00:48:57 2008 : Error: rlm_eap: SSL error
error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory
Fri Oct 17 00:48:57 2008 : Error: rlm_eap_tls: Error reading
certificate file /etc/raddb/certs/server.pem
Fri Oct 17 00:48:57 2008 : Error: rlm_eap: Failed to initialize type tls
Fri Oct 17 00:48:57 2008 : Error: /etc/raddb/eap.conf[17]:
Instantiation failed for module "eap"
Fri Oct 17 00:48:57 2008 : Error:
/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[223]: Failed to find module
"eap".
Fri Oct 17 00:48:57 2008 : Error:
/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[176]: Errors parsing
authenticate section.
Fri Oct 17 00:48:57 2008 : Error: Errors initializing modules

looking forward to your help

regards,

Noel
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: errors on starting deamon

Alan DeKok-2
Noel Rwamatsika wrote:
> when i check the log, this is what i see
> Fri Oct 17 00:48:57 2008 : Error: rlm_eap: SSL error
> error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory
> Fri Oct 17 00:48:57 2008 : Error: rlm_eap_tls: Error reading
> certificate file /etc/raddb/certs/server.pem

  So... that file doesn't exist.  If you configured the server to
require the file, perhaps it *should* exist.

  Alan DeKok.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: errors on starting deamon

Noel Rwamatsika
i have inserted the file but still get this error

roke-billing:/etc/raddb/certs # rcfreeradius start
Starting RADIUS daemon radiusd: Error: No log destination specified.
startproc:  exit status of parent of /usr/sbin/radiusd: 1
                                                                      failed


On 10/16/08, Alan DeKok <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Noel Rwamatsika wrote:
>> when i check the log, this is what i see
>> Fri Oct 17 00:48:57 2008 : Error: rlm_eap: SSL error
>> error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory
>> Fri Oct 17 00:48:57 2008 : Error: rlm_eap_tls: Error reading
>> certificate file /etc/raddb/certs/server.pem
>
>   So... that file doesn't exist.  If you configured the server to
> require the file, perhaps it *should* exist.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See
> http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
>
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: errors on starting deamon

Alan DeKok-2
Noel Rwamatsika wrote:
> i have inserted the file but still get this error
>
> roke-billing:/etc/raddb/certs # rcfreeradius start
> Starting RADIUS daemon radiusd: Error: No log destination specified.
> startproc:  exit status of parent of /usr/sbin/radiusd: 1

  Are you sure it's reading the configuration files you are editing?

  Alan DeKok.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: errors on starting deamon

mim1
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
In reply to this post by Noel Rwamatsika
I jumped over the same problems (errors) and found following solution:

{raddb} = your freeradius directory, usually [raddb]
1. go to certs folder [/etc/{raddb}/certs]
2. start bootstrap [./bootstrap]
   you should now have all the necessary files [server.pem, ac.pem, etc]
3. check/change permission for these files, f.ex. [chown root:radiusd /etc/{raddb}/certs/*]
    the permission may differ depending on your installation

Cheers

Mike
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: errors on starting deamon

ckahiaku
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
I am running centos 5 and I have this
-bash: /usr/sbin/radiusd: No such file or directory
each time I try starting radiusd -X