access-challenge

Srinivasa Rao Chigurupati
Hi
1. Will FreeRadius challenges with access-challenge if auth-type is PAP?
     If answer is it depends on some configuration, how to configure it?

2.  How  FreeRadius  understands  incoming Radius access-request packet
    contains PAP authentication information, CHAP authentication information
    or MS-CHAP authentication information or other authentication
information?

--
Thanks
Srinivasa Rao Chigurupati

Re: access-challenge

Alan DeKok
Srinivasa Rao Chigurupati <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 1. Will FreeRadius challenges with access-challenge if auth-type is PAP?

  No.  Read the RFC's for how PAP works.

> 2.  How  FreeRadius  understands  incoming Radius access-request packet
>     contains PAP authentication information, CHAP authentication information
>     or MS-CHAP authentication information or other authentication
> information?

  It looks in the packets.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: access-challenge

Srinivasa Rao Chigurupati
Thanks Alan.
Would please answer another question in-line below.

Alan DeKok wrote:
Srinivasa Rao Chigurupati [hidden email] wrote:

1. Will FreeRadius challenges with access-challenge if auth-type is PAP?

  No.  Read the RFC's for how PAP works.

2.  How  FreeRadius  understands  incoming Radius access-request packet
    contains PAP authentication information, CHAP authentication information
    or MS-CHAP authentication information or other authentication
information?

  It looks in the packets.
I think if access-request packet contains user-password attribute, FreeRadius authenticates with PAP.
If access-request packet contains chap-password attribute, FreeRadius authenticates with CHAP.
Am I correct?
How MS-CHAP and other authentication methods are identified from access-request by FreeRadius?

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

--
Thanks & Regards
Srinivasa Rao Chigurupati

Re: access-challenge

Alan DeKok
Srinivasa Rao Chigurupati <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I think if access-request packet contains user-password attribute,
> FreeRadius authenticates with PAP.
> If access-request packet contains chap-password attribute, FreeRadius
> authenticates with CHAP.
> Am I correct?
> How MS-CHAP and other authentication methods are identified from
> access-request by FreeRadius?

  That information is in the packet.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html