What does 'rlm' stand for in FreeRADIUS modules?

What does 'rlm' stand for in FreeRADIUS modules?

Kamran Khan
i.e., what does 'rlm' mean in modules like rlm_perl, rlm_python etc.

Thanks,
Kamran.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: What does 'rlm' stand for in FreeRADIUS modules?

Alan DeKok-2

> On Nov 1, 2019, at 1:13 PM, Kamran Khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> i.e., what does 'rlm' mean in modules like rlm_perl, rlm_python etc.

  RADIUS loadable module.

  When I named them in 1999, I disliked "mod_foo".  I figured it would be hard to tell a RADIUS "mod_ldap" from "mod_ldap" for various other pieces of software.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: What does 'rlm' stand for in FreeRADIUS modules?

Kamran Khan
Thank you for the explanation. It indeed serves its purpose (so much
that we call one of our internal modules "rlm_companyname" and it's
easily recognizable as a RADIUS module).

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html