WARNING: Cannot do check groups when group_membership_query is not set

WARNING: Cannot do check groups when group_membership_query is not set

R3DNano
Hi!
I'm getting this message everytime there is a sql check for a user.
I don't want to do group checks, so, how can I disable this warning so it
does not appear on my logs?
Thanks!
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: WARNING: Cannot do check groups when group_membership_query is not set

Alan DeKok-2
On Oct 3, 2019, at 4:46 AM, R3DNano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm getting this message everytime there is a sql check for a user.
> I don't want to do group checks, so, how can I disable this warning so it
> does not appear on my logs?

  This message only appears when you do group checking via the SQL-Group attribute, *and* you've deleted the group_membership_query from the configuration.

  Your choices are:

  a) stop using SQL-Group

  b) define a group_membership_query

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: WARNING: Cannot do check groups when group_membership_query is not set

R3DNano
Ok, I've set read_groups to no on mods-config/SQL/main/mysql/queries.conf
but I think I'm still getting the same result since there's a comment that
states "if set to no, we do not read the group tables unless fall-through =
yes in the reply table.

How can I control this?

Thanks for the help, Alan.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: WARNING: Cannot do check groups when group_membership_query is not set

Alan DeKok-2

> On Oct 3, 2019, at 7:24 AM, R3DNano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ok, I've set read_groups to no on mods-config/SQL/main/mysql/queries.conf
> but I think I'm still getting the same result since there's a comment that
> states "if set to no, we do not read the group tables unless fall-through =
> yes in the reply table.

  That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: WARNING: Cannot do check groups when group_membership_query is not set

R3DNano
Ok, that's weird since I didn't configure any SQL-Group.

Care to guide me in the right direction?
Thanks!

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

On Oct 3, 2019, at 7:45 AM, R3DNano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, that's weird since I didn't configure any SQL-Group.
>
> Care to guide me in the right direction?

  Look for SQL-Group and delete them.  This message only occurs if you use SQL-Group.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: WARNING: Cannot do check groups when group_membership_query is not set

R3DNano
I appreciate the help, Alan, but, after checking, double checking and even
grep'ing all my files under raddb, I cannot find any uncommented line that
makes reference to "SQL-Group"
Could this be a bug? I'm on 3.0.11

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 3:18 AM Alan DeKok <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 3, 2019, at 7:45 AM, R3DNano <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Ok, that's weird since I didn't configure any SQL-Group.
> >
> > Care to guide me in the right direction?
>
>   Look for SQL-Group and delete them.  This message only occurs if you use
> SQL-Group.

> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: WARNING: Cannot do check groups when group_membership_query is not set

Matthew Newton-3
On Fri, 2019-10-04 at 09:01 +0200, R3DNano wrote:
> I appreciate the help, Alan, but, after checking, double checking and
> even grep'ing all my files under raddb, I cannot find any uncommented
> line that makes reference to "SQL-Group"
> Could this be a bug? I'm on 3.0.11

The warning is clear. It tells you that you've asked for group
membership checking but not set group_membership_query, and therefore
it isn't going to happen. (You must have removed it from the
configuration, as it's there by default.)

If you don't want to check groups, set "read_groups = no".

--
Matthew