Using a database schema other than the one created by db_mysql.sql

Using a database schema other than the one created by db_mysql.sql

Ana Bizarro
Hi,

We have a (mysql) database where we have usernames and passwords and I
recently installed freeradius on our server. I would like the freeradius
server to authenticate using the database but, obviously, our database
schema is completely different than the one created by db_mysql.sql.

All the documentation (and examples) I've seen so far mention the
db_mysql.sql script (even in the RADIUS book) and I was wondering, if it's
possible to use our own database, how do I tell RADIUS that "uid" in the
users table is the username and "pwd" is the password?
For the tables names, I'm assuming I can just change the sql.conf file and
replace whatever is inside " " by our own table names
Like:
usergroup_table = "usergroup"
replace by
usergroup_table = "users"

Thanks,
-Ana

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

> We have a (mysql) database where we have usernames and
> passwords and I recently installed freeradius on our server.
> I would like the freeradius server to authenticate using the
> database but, obviously, our database schema is completely
> different than the one created by db_mysql.sql.
>
> All the documentation (and examples) I've seen so far mention
> the db_mysql.sql script (even in the RADIUS book) and I was
> wondering, if it's possible to use our own database, how do I
> tell RADIUS that "uid" in the users table is the username and
> "pwd" is the password?
> For the tables names, I'm assuming I can just change the
> sql.conf file and replace whatever is inside " " by our own
> table names
> Like:
> usergroup_table = "usergroup"
> replace by
> usergroup_table = "users"
>

> Thanks,
> -Ana

And for all the Other you write the SQL Statements to your Tablefields you
have
For a update like
Tablefield = '%s' for date and Time in this field for the AcctstopTime and
so on where is the Problem,
The Statements in the sql.conf are pure SQL.

And the Insert's as so too

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Drießen
Es liegt was in der Luft
www.feilbingert.net
Uwe Drießen
Software & Computer
Lembergstraße 33
67824 Feilbingert
Tel.: 06708 660045 Fax 06708 661397
www.edv-driessen.de

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Using a database schema other than the one created by db_mysql.sql

Kevin Bonner
On Tuesday 02 August 2005 16:35, Ana Bizarro wrote:
> We have a (mysql) database where we have usernames and passwords and I
> recently installed freeradius on our server. I would like the freeradius
> server to authenticate using the database but, obviously, our database
> schema is completely different than the one created by db_mysql.sql.

If you can craft a query to return the proper rows, you shouldn't have a
problem with your current schema.  Read doc/rlm_sql and the comments in
sql.conf as they specify what should be returned by your SQL query.

Kevin Bonner

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html