User Authentication problem

juliana sales porto
Hi everyone, I have a issue with hotspot authetication.
I configured the aruba IAP to connect to my radius, the user connects and authenticates, but there is no entry of user data in the radacct table
Somebody can help me, please?

Att,

Juliana Porto
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: User Authentication problem

Alan DeKok-2
On Jun 15, 2020, at 12:54 PM, juliana sales porto <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone, I have a issue with hotspot authetication.
> I configured the aruba IAP to connect to my radius, the user connects and authenticates, but there is no entry of user data in the radacct table

  Accounting is different from authentication.

  Is the AP sending accounting packets?  Did you look?  i.e. did you try run-in the server in debugging mode, as suggested everywhere?

http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: User Authentication problem

Jorge Pereira-2
Juliana,

Keep in mind that if the FreeRADIUS is not receiving anything. It's
because the AP/Controller/Whatever is not sending.

1. Start the server in debug mode and see if the accounting packets are
coming..

2. Use the tcmpdump or radsniff to filtering for Accounting packets.

3. Maybe some firewall rule between the FreeRADIUS and controller
blocking the port 1813?

even everything is fine. so the controller is missing something.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html