Upgrading to newest Radius

Dario Coltri
Hi, we are actually running to 1.01 version of Freeradius and we would like to upgrade our server to the newest version available.
Is There any problem transferring the 1.01 Freeradius Database Mysql to the newest version? How we can do it properly?

Best Regards,

Dario Coltri
AGSM LIGHTING s.r.l  ITA

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

RE: Upgrading to newest Radius

Nicolas Breuer
Hi Dario,

Good luck 😊 You are jumping a high step 😊

Hi, we are actually running to 1.01 version of Freeradius and we would like to upgrade our server to the newest version available.
Is There any problem transferring the 1.01 Freeradius Database Mysql to the newest version? How we can do it properly?

Best Regards,

Dario Coltri
AGSM LIGHTING s.r.l  ITA

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

R: RE: Upgrading to newest Radius

Dario Coltri
I know, it could be challenging. Do you know a way to do it properly?

>>> Nicolas Breuer <[hidden email]> 29/10/19 14.42 >>>
Hi Dario,

Good luck 😊 You are jumping a high step 😊

<freeradius-users-bounces+nicolas.breuer=[hidden email]>
De la part de Dario Coltri
Envoyé : mardi 29 octobre 2019 14:38
À : [hidden email]

Hi, we are actually running to 1.01 version of Freeradius and we would
like to upgrade our server to the newest version available.
Is There any problem transferring the 1.01 Freeradius Database Mysql to
the newest version? How we can do it properly?

Best Regards,

Dario Coltri
AGSM LIGHTING s.r.l  ITA

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

On Oct 29, 2019, at 9:37 AM, Dario Coltri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, we are actually running to 1.01 version of Freeradius and we would like to upgrade our server to the newest version available.
> Is There any problem transferring the 1.01 Freeradius Database Mysql to the newest version? How we can do it properly?

  You can't just use the same database with a newer version of the server.  That's what major version changes mean.

  The database tables are similar, but you will have to:

* add an "operator" column  (see the schema)
* assign values to the "operator" column (see rlm_sql in the wiki)
* change all uses of "Password" to "Cleartext-Password := ..."

  That's the bulk of it.  It *will* be a manual process.  It's impossible to automate it.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

RE: RE: Upgrading to newest Radius

Nicolas Breuer
I upgraded from Freeradius v2 to v3 and it was a lot of works in terms of configuration / mysql database 😊
And it’s “DO IT BY YOURSELF”.