Updating Mysql version in a FreeRadius Server

Updating Mysql version in a FreeRadius Server

wifi.italia-delivery
Hi,

In my system I implemented a FreeRadius instance (Versione 3.0.4) that retrieves data from a dB on Cloud AWS. Due to schedule maintenance of AWS, I have to update the instance Amazon RDS MySQL 5.6 to the newer version MySQL 5.7.
The update can impact the system?

  *   Is there a way/path where I can check if there are some funcionalities/drivers that could be impacted?
  *   The updating could cause some disruption of the service?

Thank you in advance.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html

Re: Updating Mysql version in a FreeRadius Server

Alan DeKok-2
On Feb 16, 2021, at 6:59 AM, wifi.italia-delivery <[hidden email]> wrote:

  Configuration questions generally belong in freeradius-users, but whatever.

> In my system I implemented a FreeRadius instance (Versione 3.0.4) that retrieves data from a dB on Cloud AWS. Due to schedule maintenance of AWS, I have to update the instance Amazon RDS MySQL 5.6 to the newer version MySQL 5.7.
> The update can impact the system?

  Any update can "impact" the system.  It's a very general question.

  To be honest, you really want to upgrade to 3.0.21.  It has a host of fixes and tweaks over 3.0.4.

>  *   Is there a way/path where I can check if there are some funcionalities/drivers that could be impacted?
>  *   The updating could cause some disruption of the service?

  Generally speaking, changing the database won't affect FreeRADIUS.

  As with most of these issues, if it's a VM... take a snapshot, and then upgrade.  If something goes wrong, revert to the previous snapshot.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html