Two questions regards radacct table

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Two questions regards radacct table

Raul Diaz
Hello everyone, I am working on a project and I have two questions. I hope
you can help me with this.
First question. Does acctoutputoctets in radacct table could be use to
monitor bandwidth for users inside this table?
Second question. How can I monitor bandwidth per user if acctoutputoctets
or acctinputoctets are not for achieving this goal.

I am running FreeRadius 3.0.13 with CentOS 7.8

Thanks in advance.

--
Raúl Díaz García
Ingeniero en Telecomunicaciones
0995002337
"I am Immortal I have inside me blood of kings" *Freddie Mercury*
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Two questions regards radacct table

Alan DeKok-2
On Oct 12, 2020, at 12:50 PM, Raul Diaz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> First question. Does acctoutputoctets in radacct table could be use to
> monitor bandwidth for users inside this table?

  The acctoutputoctets column stores the value of the Acct-Output-Octets as sent by the NAS.

  So mostly, yes, it stores the bandwidth used by the user.

  Alan DeKok.


-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Two questions regards radacct table

Raul Diaz
Thank you Alan for your quick response.
So then I have one question about  Acct-Output-Octets. If I have got this
values, this means NAS is not sending the correct values, right?
MariaDB [radius]> select acctinputoctets,acctoutputoctets,username from
radacct;
+-----------------+------------------+----------+
| acctinputoctets | acctoutputoctets | username |
+-----------------+------------------+----------+
|           35441 |                0 | rdiaz    |
|           10935 |                0 | rdiaz    |
|           30346 |                0 | rdiaz    |
|            1694 |                0 | rdiaz    |
|          109733 |                0 | rdiaz    |
|          402521 |                0 | rdiaz    |
|          362871 |                0 | rdiaz    |
|            4010 |                0 | rdiaz    |
|               0 |                0 | rdiaz    |
|          714058 |                0 | rdiaz    |
|          203308 |                0 | rdiaz    |
|        12440479 |                0 | rdiaz    |

How can I debug why NAS is not sending the correct values?

Raúl Díaz García
Ingeniero en Telecomunicaciones
0995002337
"I am Immortal I have inside me blood of kings" *Freddie Mercury*
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Two questions regards radacct table

Alan DeKok-2
On Oct 12, 2020, at 1:33 PM, Raul Diaz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thank you Alan for your quick response.
> So then I have one question about  Acct-Output-Octets. If I have got this
> values, this means NAS is not sending the correct values, right?

  Yes.

> How can I debug why NAS is not sending the correct values?

  Read the NAS documentation.  We didn't create the NAS, and we know nothing about it.

  Alan DeKok.


-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Two questions regards radacct table

Raul Diaz
Ok, thank you very much for your help.

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 2:32 PM Alan DeKok <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Oct 12, 2020, at 1:33 PM, Raul Diaz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Thank you Alan for your quick response.
> > So then I have one question about  Acct-Output-Octets. If I have got this
> > values, this means NAS is not sending the correct values, right?
>
>   Yes.
>
> > How can I debug why NAS is not sending the correct values?
>
>   Read the NAS documentation.  We didn't create the NAS, and we know
> nothing about it.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
>
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See
> http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html



--
Raúl Díaz García
Ingeniero en Telecomunicaciones
0995002337
"I am Immortal I have inside me blood of kings" *Freddie Mercury*
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html