System requirements

alfonso celestino

Hi,

Can someone help me with the following problem?

I need a freeradius Server for a wireless network with
Approximately 15,000 users with Approximately 2,000
simultanous users and I need to know which are the
system requirements(like CPU, Memory, Processor,...)
for a good server performance.

thanks in advance

Alfonso Celestino
DGSCA, UNAM

Re: System requirements

Alan DeKok
alfonso celestino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I need a freeradius Server for a wireless network with
> Approximately 15,000 users with Approximately 2,000
> simultanous users and I need to know which are the
> system requirements(like CPU, Memory, Processor,...)
> for a good server performance.

  The number that matters is how many people login per minute.  If
it's small, any old PC will do.  If it's large, then a more powerful
PC may be better.

  Generally, and system built in the last year has more than enough
CPU power and memory to run a busy RADIUS server.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html