Session State

Xavier Maysonnave
Hi All,
Is there a way to retrieve the Session State attributes in an
Accounting-Request from what is known in its Access-Accept counterpart ?
Thanks
--
PGP: CAE5 CE4A EFE9 134F D991 5465 081C B6FB 2EAC 6CC9
<https://goo.gl/lPjb40>

Light

Xavier
​ / Pudhuveedu​

Re: Session State

Alan DeKok-2
On May 11, 2017, at 10:03 AM, Xavier Maysonnave <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
> Is there a way to retrieve the Session State attributes in an
> Accounting-Request from what is known in its Access-Accept counterpart ?

  No.

  We're working on changing that in v4.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Session State

arr2036

> On May 11, 2017, at 10:09 AM, Alan DeKok <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On May 11, 2017, at 10:03 AM, Xavier Maysonnave <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>> Is there a way to retrieve the Session State attributes in an
>> Accounting-Request from what is known in its Access-Accept counterpart ?
>
>  No.
>
>  We're working on changing that in v4.
You can do it with rlm_cache if Acct-Session-ID is present in the Access-Request, just use Acct-Unique-Session-ID as the key, and use:

        &session-state: += &session-state:[*]

as the attribute mapping in the cache module.

Then call the cache module in post-auth, and preacct.

That's essentially what we'd do for v4 too, it'd just be in a default policy somewhere.

-Arran

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Session State

Xavier Maysonnave
Hi All,
Thanks for your hints, I will follow your advise.
While reading the page https://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_cache I
noticed a dead link but the file is also available in Freeradius
distribution. In the configuration paragraph the link to github
<https://github.com/freeradius/freeradius-server/blob/master/raddb/mods-available/cache>
doesn't work for me.
Thanks

--
PGP: CAE5 CE4A EFE9 134F D991 5465 081C B6FB 2EAC 6CC9
<https://goo.gl/lPjb40>
--

Light

Xavier
​ / Pudhuveedu​

> > On May 11, 2017, at 10:09 AM, Alan DeKok <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > On May 11, 2017, at 10:03 AM, Xavier Maysonnave <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi All,
> >> Is there a way to retrieve the Session State attributes in an
> >> Accounting-Request from what is known in its Access-Accept counterpart ?
> >
> >  No.
> >
> >  We're working on changing that in v4.
>
> You can do it with rlm_cache if Acct-Session-ID is present in the
> Access-Request, just use Acct-Unique-Session-ID as the key, and use:
>
>         &session-state: += &session-state:[*]
>
> as the attribute mapping in the cache module.
>
> Then call the cache module in post-auth, and preacct.
>
> That's essentially what we'd do for v4 too, it'd just be in a default
> policy somewhere.
>

> -Arran
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/