Sending Session-Timeout on Exec-Program-Wait

Sending Session-Timeout on Exec-Program-Wait

Juan Nin
Hi,

I'm using Exec-Program-Wait for user validation.
On some cases, I want  to send back the Session-Timeout

According to what I've seen, on the script I execute on
Exec-Program-Wait, I can send back this value like this:

print "Session-Timeout=$timeout\n";
exit 0; # Grant Access

Now, on this thread:
http://lists.cistron.nl/pipermail/freeradius-users/2004-March/029131.html

they say to add "Service-Type := Framed-User" to the reply in order to
work with Cisco.

Is this correct? Must I always send that value pair, for it to work on
Cisco systems?

So it would end being:

print "Service-Type=Framed-User\n";
print "Session-Timeout=$timeout\n";
exit 0; # Grant Access

Thanks in advance,

Juan

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

dynamic ip shared secret Question

glanzel
hello ...

i need a solution where freeradius accepts clients from any ip but with
different shared secrets
(because i want to authenticate users behind a dsl flatrate or something
like this)

is there any possiblity to do something like that ?

greeting grischan

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: dynamic ip shared secret Question

Alan DeKok
glanzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> i need a solution where freeradius accepts clients from any ip but with
> different shared secrets
> (because i want to authenticate users behind a dsl flatrate or something
> like this)
>
> is there any possiblity to do something like that ?

  No.  You may end up with two clients at the same IP at different
times.  This makes it difficult to determine which shared secret to
use.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html