SSL: SSL3 alert: write (local SSL3 detected an error):fatal:bad record mac

SSL: SSL3 alert: write (local SSL3 detected an error):fatal:bad record mac

When I run eapol_test with PEAP/MSCHAPv2,
I got the following error:

SSL: (where=0x4008 ret=0x214)

SSL: SSL3 alert: write (local SSL3 detected an error):fatal:bad record mac

EAP: Status notification: local TLS alert (param=bad record mac)

OpenSSL: tls_connection_decrypt - Decryption failed - SSL_read error:1408F119:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:decryption failed or bad record mac
SSL: Failed to decrypt Phase 2 data
Any idea why I am getting this error?
Thanks
Jim
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: SSL: SSL3 alert: write (local SSL3 detected an error):fatal:bad record mac

arr2036

> On May 15, 2020, at 5:22 PM, Jim Shi via Freeradius-Users <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> When I run eapol_test with PEAP/MSCHAPv2,
> I got the following error:
>
> SSL: (where=0x4008 ret=0x214)
>
> SSL: SSL3 alert: write (local SSL3 detected an error):fatal:bad record mac
>
> EAP: Status notification: local TLS alert (param=bad record mac)
>
> OpenSSL: tls_connection_decrypt - Decryption failed - SSL_read error:1408F119:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:decryption failed or bad record mac
> SSL: Failed to decrypt Phase 2 data

Which supplicant are you using?

-Arran
-