SNMP and FreeRadius

Vishwanath Srikant Pattanshetti

Hi all

Am using FreeRadius 1.0.4 on solaris 10 and am trying to use snmp for monitoring the same. I have compiled Radius server with snmp option

Following is my radiusd.conf:

snmp = yes

$INCLUDE  ${confdir}/snmp.conf

Following is my snmp.conf:

smux_password = verysecret

[This is the only line in snmp.conf that I have un commented.

Now when I do a get on any oid, in RADIUS-AUTH-SERVER mib I get reply saying no such object exists.

Can some one tell me where am I going wrong?

Is there a specific location where I have to keep the mib files??

Also is there a way to find what oid’s of a mib are implemented(I guess entire auth-server mib is implemented)

Any inputs would be of great help, as it is very important and urgent requirement for me.

Thanks in advance.

-Vishwa.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html

Re: SNMP and FreeRadius

Kevin Bonner
On Thursday 29 December 2005 09:59, Vishwanath Srikant Pattanshetti wrote:
> Following is my snmp.conf:
>
> smux_password = verysecret
>
> [This is the only line in snmp.conf that I have un commented.

Do you have the smuxpeer line in your snmpd.conf file?  In net-snmp it should
look like this:

smuxpeer .1.3.6.1.4.1.3317.1.3.1 verysecret

Run radiusd in debug mode.  You should see some output when it tries to
connect to the smux service.

> Is there a specific location where I have to keep the mib files??

You shouldn't need to load the RADIUS-AUTH-SERVER mibs on your radius server,
just the snmp monitoring server.

Kevin Bonner

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html