Recieving diffrent NAS Identifiers in the Accounting requests

Recieving diffrent NAS Identifiers in the Accounting requests

Mohammed Riyaz
Hi,

I was wondering what the radius server response would be to
accounting-start and accounting-stop packets which arrive with different
nas-identifiers (or nas-ip-address). This situation has not been dealt
with in the RFC. So
is the implementation specific?

Could some one please give some information on this?

Thank you,
Riyaz

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own

Re: Recieving diffrent NAS Identifiers in the Accounting requests

Paul "TBBle" Hampson
On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 04:55:56PM +0530, Mohammed Riyaz wrote:
> Hi,

> I was wondering what the radius server response would be to
> accounting-start and accounting-stop packets which arrive with different
> nas-identifiers (or nas-ip-address). This situation has not been dealt
> with in the RFC. So
> is the implementation specific?

> Could some one please give some information on this?

It would be implementation-specific in so far as they appear to be a
start that never gets a stop, and a stop for which we never saw thw
start, from different NASes.

If you're in a situation where you need to match these, FreeRADIUS's sql
queries can be adjusted to not try and match on them, but on some other
attribute.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/