Re: wiki

Ruslan A Dautkhanov
Hello !

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:42:56 -0500
From: "Alan DeKok" [hidden email]

If no one else steps up, I'll see what I can do.  I've got a long
weekend here, so this would be something to test out.

  I'd prefer something like "twiki", which is low impact as possible.
i.e. one perl script, and a whack of text files, which are version
controlled.  That's better (IMHO) than an SQL database.

    Hmmm :-)  I think text files is much more ugly for storing structured portions of data, it's
harder to support, harder to expand any new features or even schema of data storing, I'm
not saying anything about queries to such data also, for obvious reasons... :-)

best regards

Ruslan A Dautkhanov

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html

Re: wiki

Alan DeKok
Ruslan A Dautkhanov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>     Hmmm :-)  I think text files is much more ugly for storing
> structured portions of data,

  Wiki pages aren't structured.  They contain cross-links, but they're
not structured in any meaningful sense.

  Ansd I'm wary of storing large amounts of text in a DB.  When
something goes wrong with the DB, you've lost all of the text, and
can't recover it.  If the text is stored in files, you have less
chance of one error destroying all of your text.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html