Re: radius server and sql server

Ming-Ching Tiew

> I could not get the snapshot to compile/install - properly.

I see from the google there are a few others also have the same
compile difficulty with the eap modules.

> But I managed to compile the program radsqlrelay, it is a command line tool
> but how am I going to tell it all those configuration in radius.conf and sql.conf ?

I also have a tough time try to persuade 'radsqlrelay' to do anything closer
to sensable,

# radsqlrelay -d /etc/raddb detail-20050520
Tue May 24 14:49:12 2005 : Error: Unable to open file "Ðë?": No such file or directory
radsqlrelay: Error reading radiusd.conf
radsqlrelay: SQL module initialization failed.

:-(

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: radius server and sql server

Ming-Ching Tiew

> I also have a tough time try to persuade 'radsqlrelay' to do anything closer
> to sensable,
>
> # radsqlrelay -d /etc/raddb detail-20050520
> Tue May 24 14:49:12 2005 : Error: Unable to open file "Ðë?": No such file or directory
> radsqlrelay: Error reading radiusd.conf
> radsqlrelay: SQL module initialization failed.

Hate to border you folks who are non-programmers here, but
I think the code is questionable here,

-------------------radsqlrelay.c---------------------------------
       char buffer[1024];

        /*
         *      Ensure that the configuration is initialized.
         */
        memset(&mainconfig, 0, sizeof(mainconfig));

        /*
         *      Initialize dictionary.
         */
        if (dict_init(radius_dir, RADIUS_DICTIONARY) < 0) {
                librad_perror("radrelay");
                exit(1);
        }

         if ((maincs = conf_read(NULL, 0, buffer, NULL)) == NULL) {
                fprintf(stderr, "%s: Error reading radiusd.conf\n",progname);
                return NULL;
        }

---------------------------end----------------------------------

The 'buffer' is taken from the stack and it is not even initialized
with anything sensible and of course, it will have problem
reading the radiusd.conf.

:-(

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

"Ming-Ching Tiew" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> My testing revealed that it does not work. Maybe it is because
> I am not using mysql ? I am using unixODBC/freetds, wonder
> if that matters.

  It shouldn't.

> I could not get the snapshot to compile/install - properly.

  It's still in the process of development.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: radius server and sql server

"Ming-Ching Tiew" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hate to border you folks who are non-programmers here, but
> I think the code is questionable here,

  Hmm... you're right.

  In any case, radsqlrelay is about to be deleted from the CVS head.
Radrelay, too.  They're being replaced with minor changes to the
server core which means that radiusd can now do everything those two
programs did, and more.

  Wait a few weeks, and the CVS head should be fixed, and the relay
functionality completely merged into radiusd.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

From: "Alan DeKok" <[hidden email]>

>   In any case, radsqlrelay is about to be deleted from the CVS head.
> Radrelay, too.  They're being replaced with minor changes to the
> server core which means that radiusd can now do everything those two
> programs did, and more.
>
>   Wait a few weeks, and the CVS head should be fixed, and the relay
> functionality completely merged into radiusd.

I am certainly grateful of development along this direction and I hope
there will be sufficient retries and/or connection re-establishment
mechanism built into these relays. As in any life environment, there
are failures and there will be more failures. We cannot stop failures
from happening but it is important to recover from the failures.

Cheers.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: radius server and sql server

Alan DeKok
"Ming-Ching Tiew" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am certainly grateful of development along this direction and I hope
> there will be sufficient retries and/or connection re-establishment
> mechanism built into these relays.

  Since the relay program will be "radiusd", it till get all of the
retry & connection re-establishment mechanisms built into the server.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html