Re: new module

Alexander Voropay
"Alan DeKok" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>  I've written a new module: rlm-item2username to translate
>> any string VP into "User-Name". I'm using this for
>> "Calling-Station-Id" --> "User-Name" translation on my site.
>
>  In the CVS head, you can do this via the policy module:

>  if (!User-name) {
> request .= {
> User-Name = "%{Calling-Station-Id}"
> }
>  }

 Yes. But I need a tiny and fast module with a "default" feature,
and don't want to write on any sort of scripting language ;-)

 If someone need this:
http://www.sensi.org/~alec/rlm_item2username.tgz

--
-=AV=-

Re: new module

Alan DeKok
"Alexander Voropay" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  Yes. But I need a tiny and fast module with a "default" feature,
> and don't want to write on any sort of scripting language ;-)

  Huh?  rlm_policy is fast.  And it's "scripting" language is darn
near trivial.

  I don't understand how writing C code is easier than writing 4 lines
for rlm_policy.

  Your module is not necessary, and will not be integrated into the server.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html