Re: Re: Kick users offline

Svetlana Vyslanko
> Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 17:44:33 +0200
> From: Alex Moreno <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Kick users offline
>
> I do it using the Time-Out=3D<time> variable. Read the documentation for
> more information.
>
> On 5/23/05, Svetlana Vyslanko <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>I want to kick users offline if they are over their time limit. Can I do
>>it using FreeRADIUS?
>>Regards,
>>Svetlana

In documentation I read:

" Login-Time defines the time span a user may login to the system.
   After that a range of hours follows in hhmm-hhmm format.

   For example, "Wk2305-0855,Sa,Su2305-1655".

   Radiusd calculates the number of seconds left in the time span, and
   sets the Session-Timeout to that number of seconds. So if someones
   Login-Time is "Al0800-1800" and she logs in at 17:30, Session-Timeout
   is set to 1800 seconds so that she is kicked off at 18:00."

and I set Session-Timeout ( radtest shows it ) but current session
doesn't kick off. It works on authorization step but doesn't kick online
user.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

RE: Re: Kick users offline

"Edvin Seferovic | Kolpinghaus St. Pölten"
Hi,

what are you actually using to start-up a connection? PPP or something else?
I am using Poptop/PPP combination and I get kicked out "right on time". But
I only use Session-Timeout attribute. Where did you read that about
Login-Time, it is really interesting for my next project, and maybe I could
test it on my system and tell you the results?

Regards,

Edvin Seferovic

> I do it using the Time-Out=3D<time> variable. Read the documentation for
> more information.
>
> On 5/23/05, Svetlana Vyslanko <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>I want to kick users offline if they are over their time limit. Can I do
>>it using FreeRADIUS?
>>Regards,
>>Svetlana

In documentation I read:

" Login-Time defines the time span a user may login to the system.
   After that a range of hours follows in hhmm-hhmm format.

   For example, "Wk2305-0855,Sa,Su2305-1655".

   Radiusd calculates the number of seconds left in the time span, and
   sets the Session-Timeout to that number of seconds. So if someones
   Login-Time is "Al0800-1800" and she logs in at 17:30, Session-Timeout
   is set to 1800 seconds so that she is kicked off at 18:00."

and I set Session-Timeout ( radtest shows it ) but current session
doesn't kick off. It works on authorization step but doesn't kick online
user.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html