RFC Info

John Smith-67
Hello all,

I am using freeRadius as a proxy server for requests, however instead of
proxying with user@realm, I am using:

DEFAULT User-Name =~ "12357.*", Proxy-To-Realm := "Realm"

with a regular expression for the start of the username (there will be
several of these lines).

Can anyone advise me if (and where) the ability to do this is actually in
the Radius RFC, and therefore must be supported by other Radius servers,
or if it is an extra feature of freeRadius?

Any info on this would be gratefully recieved,

Regards,

-Jeff Fern

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: RFC Info

Alan DeKok
Jeff Fern <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can anyone advise me if (and where) the ability to do this is actually in
> the Radius RFC, and therefore must be supported by other Radius servers,
> or if it is an extra feature of freeRadius?

  The RFC's describe the protocol, not the configuration of a RADIUS
server.

  Matching user names with a regex, and th e"proxy-to-realm" attribute
are implementation-specific configurations.

  One reason so many people use FreeRADIUS is that it has features
other RADIUS servers don't have.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html