-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email]
[mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Alan
DeKok
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 3:57 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Freeradius - scaled down

"Batta, Anurag" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 1. When you said static array of pointers , what pointers do you mean?

  To the rlm_module_t structures, one from each module.

> 2. I wanted to get rid of libltdl directory altogether and you have
> encouraged me to do that. Please explain to me - how? a little more. I

> will really appreciate that.

  remove libltdl
  replace references to lt_dlsym() with my_static_sym()
  remove all other references to lt_*
  write my_static_sym(), and have it look at the array of rlm_module_t
pointers, above.

  Then, submit patches to bugs.freeradius.org, so others don't have to
go through the same pain. :)

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See
http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.

Thank you.  U. S. Robotics

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html

Re: Freeradius - scaled down

Alan DeKok
"Batta, Anurag" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> After going thru 'modules.c' , it is my understanding that it loads
> various modules listed in radiusd.conf file (plus does some more like
> reading 'instantiate') section of the same file.

  Yes.

> Are you suggesting to bypass radiusd.conf and maintain a static list of
> *module_list ?

  No.  Please go back and read my previous post.  I am suggesting that
you replace lt_dlopen(), and I gave you detailed instructions on how
to do that.

> So if I maintain such an array, and from setup_modules(), run thru
> this array, will this work (modules.c will be much shorter file) ?
> Or am I missing something very trivial?

  Please read my previous post, and follow it's instructions.

  You have to delete the code I said to delete, write ONE function,
and create ONE "static" array.  This should be easy to do for someone
with some modicrum of C experience.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html