RADIUS Extensions for IP Port Configuration and Reporting

RADIUS Extensions for IP Port Configuration and Reporting

Users mailing list
Hello all,

An ISP company uses NAT not to assign a distinct real IP to each user because of insufficient number of real IP.
And such ISP companies need NAT IPDR (Internet Protocol Detail Record) report with  following format:

User_Name | Private_IP | Private_IP_Port_Range_Start | Private_ IP_Port_Range_End |Real_IP | Real_IP_Port_Range_Start | Real_IP_Port_Range_End|Session_Star_Date | Session_EndUpdate_Date | Upload_Byte | Download_Bype | Session_Dsiconnect_Message | Session_State | Session_PVC | Service_Number | Session_Code

Here it is needed to get/set IP source transport ports allocated to a user but could not find attributes of such kind in freeRadius. In searching for that info i found RFC 8045  https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8045 which defines attributes IP-Port-Limit-Info, IP-Port-Range, IP-Port-Forwarding-Map.

Does freeRadius current version (3.0) has support for RFC 8045 ?

Are there any way to get the transport port allocated to a user when accounting session starts and write this info in radacct in a custom column so that we can use that port in IPDR reporting?

Thanks.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: RADIUS Extensions for IP Port Configuration and Reporting

Alan DeKok-2
On Nov 23, 2019, at 7:35 AM, Ali Arslan via Freeradius-Users <[hidden email]> wrote:

> An ISP company uses NAT not to assign a distinct real IP to each user because of insufficient number of real IP.
> And such ISP companies need NAT IPDR (Internet Protocol Detail Record) report with  following format:
>
> User_Name | Private_IP | Private_IP_Port_Range_Start | Private_ IP_Port_Range_End |Real_IP | Real_IP_Port_Range_Start | Real_IP_Port_Range_End|Session_Star_Date | Session_EndUpdate_Date | Upload_Byte | Download_Bype | Session_Dsiconnect_Message | Session_State | Session_PVC | Service_Number | Session_Code
>
> Here it is needed to get/set IP source transport ports allocated to a user but could not find attributes of such kind in freeRadius. In searching for that info i found RFC 8045  https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8045 which defines attributes IP-Port-Limit-Info, IP-Port-Range, IP-Port-Forwarding-Map.
>
> Does freeRadius current version (3.0) has support for RFC 8045 ?

  Yes.  There's a "dictionary.rfc8045" file which is included with the server.

> Are there any way to get the transport port allocated to a user when accounting session starts and write this info in radacct in a custom column so that we can use that port in IPDR reporting?

  Fix the NAS so that it sends those attributes.

  FreeRADIUS isn't the NAS.  FreeRADIUS has no idea what those ports are.  It can't invent values to put into the accounting tables.  Only the NAS has that information.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: RADIUS Extensions for IP Port Configuration and Reporting

Users mailing list
 >Fix the NAS so that it sends those attributes.
>
>  FreeRADIUS isn't the NAS.  FreeRADIUS has no idea what those ports are.  It can't invent values to put into the accounting tables.  Only the NAS has that information.>> Alan DeKok.
Thank you very much. I will check NAS capability.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html