Question on syntax in site definitions

Coy Hile
Hi all,

Quick question that I don’t see documented (at least not in the comments themselves). If one looks at sites-available/default (https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/release_3_0_20/raddb/sites-available/default#L412) one sees “-sql” and “-ldap”. What’s the function of the `-‘ there?

Is it a “use this if it is defined, but ignore it otherwise” bit of syntactic sugar?

--
Coy Hile

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Question on syntax in site definitions

Alan DeKok-2

> On Jan 12, 2020, at 12:44 PM, Coy Hile <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Quick question that I don’t see documented (at least not in the comments themselves). If one looks at sites-available/default (https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/release_3_0_20/raddb/sites-available/default#L412) one sees “-sql” and “-ldap”. What’s the function of the `-‘ there?
>
> Is it a “use this if it is defined, but ignore it otherwise” bit of syntactic sugar?

  Yes.  Run the server in debug mode and it will show you this.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html