Need support for radclient tool

tejeswi
Hi Team,

Greetings for the day..!!

We started using radclient tool for simulating radius traffic.

We need your support in resolving our queries.

Query 1:

We are trying to send request with id as 31 using id '-i' argument in
radclient command.
Command used:
radclient -c 1 -i 31 -n 1 -p 1 -r 1 -t 1 -sx 192.167.3.31:4444 auth
testing123 -f input -d /usr/share/freeradius

Output of command:
Sent Access-Request Id 124 from 192.167.3.6:2001 to 192.167.3.31:4444
length 89
(0) No reply from server for ID 124 socket 3
Packet summary:
        Accepted      : 0
        Rejected      : 0
        Lost          : 1
        Passed filter : 0
        Failed filter : 0

Issue is though we are specifying id number from command line, it is not
considering the id and it picks some random number and sends the request.

We need to simulate the id of the request. please help us out in resolving
this issue

Issue 2:

We are trying to simulate both A & B traffic and C is the router for both
MME and HSS.

[image: image.png]

We were able to simulate traffic from A to C(A1) and C is forwarding the
request to B(A2).
Now B has to send response to C(A3).
Can you support us in simulating response from C.

Please note that response should be sent with the corresponding request id
only.

Free radius version used: 3.0.13
Utils version used: freeradius-utils-3.0.13-15.el7.x86_64

Attached is the radiusd output.

image.png (30K) Download Attachment
radiusd_output (36K) Download Attachment

Re: Need support for radclient tool

Alan DeKok-2
On Mar 16, 2021, at 4:31 AM, tejeswi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Query 1:
>
> We are trying to send request with id as 31 using id '-i' argument in
> radclient command.
> Command used:
> radclient -c 1 -i 31 -n 1 -p 1 -r 1 -t 1 -sx 192.167.3.31:4444 auth
> testing123 -f input -d /usr/share/freeradius

  The "-i" parameter doesn't work, and has been removed in more recent builds of the server.

> Issue 2:
>
> We are trying to simulate both A & B traffic and C is the router for both
> MME and HSS.
>
> [image: image.png]
>
> We were able to simulate traffic from A to C(A1) and C is forwarding the
> request to B(A2).
> Now B has to send response to C(A3).
> Can you support us in simulating response from C.

  I have no idea what that means.  Perhaps explain in detail, instead of posting a picture.

  The list manager strips most images, because 99% of images that people posted were just screen shots of debug output.

> Free radius version used: 3.0.13
> Utils version used: freeradius-utils-3.0.13-15.el7.x86_64

  Very, very, very, old.  You should upgrade.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Need support for radclient tool

Bjørn Mork
Alan DeKok <[hidden email]> writes:

> On Mar 16, 2021, at 4:31 AM, tejeswi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Query 1:
>>
>> We are trying to send request with id as 31 using id '-i' argument in
>> radclient command.
>> Command used:
>> radclient -c 1 -i 31 -n 1 -p 1 -r 1 -t 1 -sx 192.167.3.31:4444 auth
>> testing123 -f input -d /usr/share/freeradius
>
>   The "-i" parameter doesn't work, and has been removed in more recent builds of the server.

Huh?  I thought I fixed and re-introduced it?  And you commited:

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/commit/3418ee8eab35c430f78d4364e11513c87c6baac7

But it's not working in any released version if that was what you meant.

Bjørn

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

On Mar 16, 2021, at 7:51 AM, Bjørn Mork <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Huh?  I thought I fixed and re-introduced it?  And you commited:
>
> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/commit/3418ee8eab35c430f78d4364e11513c87c6baac7

  That's "master" branch, not v3.

> But it's not working in any released version if that was what you meant.

  I suppose we could do the same thing in v3.  You've have to revert commit dfe45c9c7 first, tho.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Need support for radclient tool

Bjørn Mork
Alan DeKok <[hidden email]> writes:
> On Mar 16, 2021, at 7:51 AM, Bjørn Mork <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Huh?  I thought I fixed and re-introduced it?  And you commited:
>>
>> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/commit/3418ee8eab35c430f78d4364e11513c87c6baac7
>
>   That's "master" branch, not v3.

That's where new features are supposed to go, right?

(and I consider it a new feature since '-i' never worked before)

>> But it's not working in any released version if that was what you meant.
>
>   I suppose we could do the same thing in v3.  You've have to revert commit dfe45c9c7 first, tho.

Or just release v4.0 :-)

Bjørn

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

On Mar 16, 2021, at 8:03 AM, Bjørn Mork <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Alan DeKok <[hidden email]> writes:
>>
>>  That's "master" branch, not v3.
>
> That's where new features are supposed to go, right?
>
> (and I consider it a new feature since '-i' never worked before)

  It worked a long time ago, maybe in the v2 era?  It's sort of useful.

> Or just release v4.0 :-)

  v4 is still a ways ago.  At this point, I *hope* to release v4 before then tenth anniversary of v3.

  The reality is we're still reworking major internals of v4.  We don't want to release something that "sort of works", but has issues.  People will end up still using v3, and we'll have even more work to support different versions of the server.

  Once v4 is out, it will be even more documented, with many more regression tests, and will be ready for production.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html