Nas-Port-Type quesiton

Jandre Olivier
Hi guys,

I use freeradius with poptop, just a question that im trying to figure
out, My radius server sees the NAS-Port-Type as Async whenever a vpn
connectio is made, is there anyway to change this to let radius see for
example as a "vpn" nas-port-type .Must this port-type come from my vpn
server?

Thanks

Regards
 Jandre

                "Some people are alive only because
                 it is illegal to kill them."

Re: Nas-Port-Type quesiton

Dusty Doris

> Hi guys,
>
> I use freeradius with poptop, just a question that im trying to figure
> out, My radius server sees the NAS-Port-Type as Async whenever a vpn
> connectio is made, is there anyway to change this to let radius see for
> example as a "vpn" nas-port-type .Must this port-type come from my vpn
> server?
>
> Thanks

Radius Attribute/Value pairs come from the NAS.  Perhaps if you describe
what it is you are trying to do, we can help.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Nas-Port-Type quesiton

Jandre Olivier
When clients vpn into my server this is what part of the access-request
comes to my radius server:

how will I be able to change that Port-Type from Async to VPN?, cause I
use a portmaster on my network as well and my Analogue dialups is also
Async , I want to be able to distinguish betweem the type of connection.

rad_recv: Accounting-Request packet from host 192.168.2.254:32955,
id=89, length=95
        Acct-Session-Id = "42DE38EA0AEA"
        User-Name = "blabla"
        Acct-Status-Type = Start
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        Acct-Authentic = RADIUS
       /* NAS-Port-Type = Async*/
        Framed-IP-Address = 192.168.0.244
        NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1
        NAS-Port = 4
        Acct-Delay-Time = 0

--
Regards
 Jandre

                "Some people are alive only because
                 it is illegal to kill them."

Re: Nas-Port-Type quesiton

Dusty Doris

> When clients vpn into my server this is what part of the access-request
> comes to my radius server:

What you listed below is accounting, not access-request.  Please post the
access-request, along with your reply.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html