NAS-Port-Type

Users mailing list
Hi All,

Quick question - is it possible to add to the descriptive for the NAS-Port-Type field?

For example beyond the RFC there's additional ones defined by consortium or vendor such as IPoE over PW etc

In this case I would like to see the descriptive for NAS-Port-Type = 43 appear in the accounting logs as the name rather than integer value

Cheers
Darren
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: NAS-Port-Type

Alan DeKok-2
On Jul 22, 2020, at 4:39 AM, Darren Ward (darrward) via Freeradius-Users <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Quick question - is it possible to add to the descriptive for the NAS-Port-Type field?
>
> For example beyond the RFC there's additional ones defined by consortium or vendor such as IPoE over PW etc

  Then those aren't NAS-Port-Type.  They are vendor-specific attributes.

> In this case I would like to see the descriptive for NAS-Port-Type = 43 appear in the accounting logs as the name rather than integer value

 Update the dictionaries.  If there is a dictionary entry, the server prints the name.  If there's no dictionary entry, the server prints the number.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html