Migrate working freeradius config to another server

Migrate working freeradius config to another server

Kyle Keilson
Has anyone had success copying thier existing FreeRadius config from one working server to another? I'm trying to migrate a server and copied the /etc/raddb directory (ensuring symlinks are intact), but I am getting errors particularly with modules:

/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[341]: Failed to find "auth_log" as a module or policy.
/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[341]: Please verify that the configuration exists in /etc/raddb/mods-enabled/auth_log.
/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[265]: Errors parsing authorize section.

On the working server, this module does not exist in this directory. I am confused why it is prompting as an error on this server.

Kyle Keilson
Institutional Technology
Ringling College of Art and Design
2700 N Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34234
Office: 941.359.7633
Web: www.ringling.edu<http://www.ringling.edu/>
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Migrate working freeradius config to another server

Jorge Pereira-2

> Has anyone had success copying thier existing FreeRadius config from one working server to another? I'm trying to migrate a server and copied the /etc/raddb directory (ensuring symlinks are intact), but I am getting errors particularly with modules:

If you’re migrating from v3.0.x to another place/server running the v3.0.x, it is supposed to work in 100% of the cases

> /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[341]: Failed to find "auth_log" as a module or policy.
> /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[341]: Please verify that the configuration exists in /etc/raddb/mods-enabled/auth_log.
> /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[265]: Errors parsing authorize section.

Well…. I don’t know what you’re expecting to know beyond these errors. But, be sure that “auth_log” should be present in "raddb//mods-available/detail.log"

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html