MS-CHAP

vicky-2
Hello freeRADIUS mailing list readers,

Is it possible to configure a freeRADIUS server running on a UNIX
machine to also accept MS-CHAP? If so, is it complicated? is there
documentation for it? how can I do that (in a fairly simple way)?

/the girl that wonders why Microsoft had to complicate things for her...

--
Vicky

Re: MS-CHAP

Bugzilla from jonathand131@gmail.com
Hello,

I've found a pretty good howto at
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/8021X-HOWTO/intro.html
Take a look

Jonathan

vicky wrote:

> Hello freeRADIUS mailing list readers,
>
> Is it possible to configure a freeRADIUS server running on a UNIX
> machine to also accept MS-CHAP? If so, is it complicated? is there
> documentation for it? how can I do that (in a fairly simple way)?
>
> /the girl that wonders why Microsoft had to complicate things for her...

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

RE: MS-CHAP

"Edvin Seferovic | Kolpinghaus St. Pölten"
Hi,

take a look at www.poptop.org it is a *nix implementation of MS PPTP VPN
Server that uses MS-CHAP. There is also a very good how-to about CHAP auth,
and freeRadius.

Regards,

Edvin Seferovic

> Is it possible to configure a freeRADIUS server running on a UNIX
> machine to also accept MS-CHAP? If so, is it complicated? is there
> documentation for it? how can I do that (in a fairly simple way)?
>
> /the girl that wonders why Microsoft had to complicate things for her...

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: MS-CHAP

vicky <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is it possible to configure a freeRADIUS server running on a UNIX
> machine to also accept MS-CHAP? If so, is it complicated? is there
> documentation for it? how can I do that (in a fairly simple way)?

  Install the server.  It will work.

  Did you try reading the web site, which lists MS-CHAP as being supported?

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

RE: MS-CHAP

Thomas Boutell
On Tue, 24 May 2005, Seferovic Edvin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> take a look at www.poptop.org it is a *nix implementation of MS PPTP VPN
> Server that uses MS-CHAP. There is also a very good how-to about CHAP auth,
> and freeRadius.

US users should be aware that to run PPTP with Windows clients and have
any security you need to use MPPE encryption, which is unfortunately
patented. This may be a nonissue for some users, especially European
users (for now at least...).

This just came up in my writing process -- would love to talk all about
poptop, but I can hardly focus on something I can't openly encourage
the larger part of my readership to use. (:

--
Thomas Boutell
Boutell.Com, Inc.