MAC address authorization

Vince Nguyen
MAC address authorization

Please help,

I've installed Freeradius 0.9.3-1.1 to my Redhat Fedora Core 1 box, and would like to use it in conjunction with my Cisco AP1200 to simply allow authorized and registered MAC address to be on the network. Has someone done this and could show the way?

Thanks, Vince

__________________________________
Vince T Nguyen
Systems Administrator
www.quantum.com
[hidden email]
949/856.7809 (direct)
949/856.7799 (fax)

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

AW: MAC address authorization

Andre Herkenrath
Hi,
I´ve done this with access-points from extremenetworks.
There it went this way:

You have to create users in the usersfile in the folowing way:

Username: MAC-Adress
Password: Mac-Adress

That´s all
Maybe Cisco does it the same way (Cisco never had a good idea, only a
goog bank account)

Regards
André

I've installed Freeradius 0.9.3-1.1 to my Redhat Fedora Core 1 box, and
would like to use it in conjunction with my Cisco AP1200 to simply allow
authorized and registered MAC address to be on the network. Has someone
done this and could show the way?
Thanks, Vince

Vince T Nguyen
Systems Administrator