Is there a way to simply not respond to a request?

Is there a way to simply not respond to a request?

adrian.p.smith
Our network team have asked if we can get FreeRadius to simply not respond under certain circumstances.

i.e.

if (some condition) {
            let client time out
}

Is this possible?

TIA

Adrian

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Is there a way to simply not respond to a request?

Nathan Ward

> On 17/03/2020, at 10:29 PM, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Our network team have asked if we can get FreeRadius to simply not respond under certain circumstances.
>
> i.e.
>
> if (some condition) {
>            let client time out
> }
>
> Is this possible?

$ cat /etc/raddb/policy.d/control
#
#  If you want the server to pretend that it is dead,
#  then use the "do_not_respond" policy.
#
do_not_respond {
        update control {
                &Response-Packet-Type := Do-Not-Respond
        }
        handled
}
.snip.

So, in your example above, put “do_not_respond” in place of “let client time out”.

--
Nathan Ward

RE: Is there a way to simply not respond to a request?

adrian.p.smith
>> On 17/03/2020, at 10:29 PM, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Our network team have asked if we can get FreeRadius to simply not respond under certain circumstances.
>>
>> i.e.
>>
>> if (some condition) {
>>            let client time out
>> }
>>
>> Is this possible?

>$ cat /etc/raddb/policy.d/control
>#
>#  If you want the server to pretend that it is dead, #  then use the "do_not_respond" policy.
>#
>do_not_respond {
> update control {
> &Response-Packet-Type := Do-Not-Respond
> }
> handled
>}
>.snip.

>So, in your example above, put “do_not_respond” in place of “let client time out”.

>--
>Nathan Ward

Brilliant - many thanks.

-