Interpretation of Linked Unlinked and MA lines in the radsniff output

Interpretation of Linked Unlinked and MA lines in the radsniff output

Fekete Tamás
Hello!

I would like to ask help with understanding the radsniff output as there
are some lines I can not interpret.

When I have run radsniff -W 1, I got the following output:

Access-Request counters:
        Total     : 66.000/s
        Linked    : 64.000/s
        Unlinked  : 0.000/s
Access-Request latency:
        High      : 1000.607ms
        Low       : 0.260ms
        Average   : 17.473ms
        MA        : 23.723ms
Access-Request retransmits & loss:
        RT (0)    : 56.000/s

I don't understand what is the difference between an Access-Request which
is linked or unlinked. Can you explain this?

And another question is: do you know what is the MA in the Access-Request
latency?

- Tamas Fekete
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Interpretation of Linked Unlinked and MA lines in the radsniff output

Matthew Newton-3
On Mon, 2019-02-11 at 09:39 +0100, Fekete Tamás wrote:

> Access-Request counters:
>         Total     : 66.000/s
>         Linked    : 64.000/s
>         Unlinked  : 0.000/s
> Access-Request latency:
>         High      : 1000.607ms
>         Low       : 0.260ms
>         Average   : 17.473ms
>         MA        : 23.723ms
> Access-Request retransmits & loss:
>         RT (0)    : 56.000/s
>
> I don't understand what is the difference between an Access-Request
> which is linked or unlinked. Can you explain this?

A response (Access-Accept, Access-Reject, etc) and its request have
both been seen ("linked"), or not ("unlinked").

> And another question is: do you know what is the MA in the Access-
> Request latency?

Smoothed moving average.

--
Matthew

Re: Interpretation of Linked Unlinked and MA lines in the radsniff output

Fekete Tamás
Thank you!

Matthew Newton <[hidden email]> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. febr. 11., H,
11:49):