Install freeradius3.0.12 on ubuntu´s systemd and enable it on startup

Install freeradius3.0.12 on ubuntu´s systemd and enable it on startup

Paulo Rodrigues
Hi to everyone,

I have a FreeRadius server (v3.0.12) running in my network (on a Ubuntu 16.04) and everything is fine.

The only problem I am facing at the moment is to enable it in systemd to init on startup. I built it from source

and copy the file rc.radiusd from /usr/local/sbin to /etc/init.d/radiusd to let it works with systemctl commands.

I noticed that there are some files in the freeradius-3.0.12 folder (freeradius-3.0.12/debian) but I do not know how to

install them in systemd.

Can somebody help me to install freeradius-3.0.12 on systemd (build from source on ubuntu 16.04) and enable

it on startup?

Best regards,

Paulo.

Call
Send SMS
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Install freeradius3.0.12 on ubuntu´s systemd and enable it on startup

Matthew Newton-2
On Mon, May 08, 2017 at 01:32:12PM +0000, Paulo Rodrigues wrote:
> The only problem I am facing at the moment is to enable it in
> systemd to init on startup. I built it from source

Why not build debian packages, then the init files are put in
place for you?

> I noticed that there are some files in the freeradius-3.0.12
> folder (freeradius-3.0.12/debian) but I do not know how to
> install them in systemd.

copy debian/freeradius.service to
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/

then (from memory)

  # systemctl daemon-reload
  # systemctl start freeradius.service

--