Implementing PEAP/MSCHAP-v2 at an application level

Implementing PEAP/MSCHAP-v2 at an application level

Scott Neugroschl-2
Hi all,

I've had a request to implement a PEAP/MSCHAP-v2 RADIUS client.   I've been looking at FreeRADIUS and radcli libraries.

My understanding is that PEAP and EAP are MAC level protocols, as opposed to Layer 3 or higher.  Is this correct?   My problem is that the supplicant is a wired connection that already has an IP address.

Are there suggestions for how one would go about implementing this?  Or would you recommend using something like stunnel at both ends, and then just implementing the MSCHAPv2 RADIUS protocol using that tunnel?

---
Scott Neugroschl | XYPRO Technology Corporation
4100 Guardian Street | Suite 100 |Simi Valley, CA 93063 | Phone 805 583-2874|Fax 805 583-0124 |

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Implementing PEAP/MSCHAP-v2 at an application level

Alan DeKok-2
On Apr 7, 2021, at 6:05 PM, Scott Neugroschl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've had a request to implement a PEAP/MSCHAP-v2 RADIUS client.

  This has nothing to do with FreeRADIUS.

>   I've been looking at FreeRADIUS and radcli libraries.
>
> My understanding is that PEAP and EAP are MAC level protocols, as opposed to Layer 3 or higher.  Is this correct?   My problem is that the supplicant is a wired connection that already has an IP address.
>
> Are there suggestions for how one would go about implementing this?  Or would you recommend using something like stunnel at both ends, and then just implementing the MSCHAPv2 RADIUS protocol using that tunnel?

  So... you're getting paid to implement something, and you want us to help you for free?

  No thanks.

  These kind of questions will not be tolerated on this list.  If you continue to ask questions unrelated to FreeRADIUS, you will be blocked from the list.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html