Help on load balance with persistence

shivaprasad2452
Hi All,

I am trying following thing

We have auth module in which we support multifactor so once first factor
done we are sending the Auth-challenge  and we are persisting state locally
which are needed to send in next request.

It working fine with out load balance , with load balance enabled there is
possibility that second request once with auth-challenge response will go
to other home server and failing  since that home server dont have the
persistent attributes.

is there is any way to send the request  which have  state parm will go to
same home server?

or Can we save some attributes which can be used in subsequent request
irrespective  of home-server.

Regards,
Shivaprasad
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Help on load balance with persistence

Alan DeKok-2
On Jan 29, 2019, at 8:14 AM, shivu prasad <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We have auth module in which we support multifactor so once first factor
> done we are sending the Auth-challenge  and we are persisting state locally
> which are needed to send in next request.
>
> It working fine with out load balance , with load balance enabled there is
> possibility that second request once with auth-challenge response will go
> to other home server and failing  since that home server dont have the
> persistent attributes.
>
> is there is any way to send the request  which have  state parm will go to
> same home server?

  Read proxy.conf.  There are multiple options for load balancing.

  If you do round-robin, then yes, the packets go to random destinations.

  If you do keyed load balancing, then you can key off of User-Name / MAC address, etc.  And make all packets for the same user go to the same destination.

  This is all documented.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Help on load balance with persistence

shivaprasad2452
thanks it worked

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html