Fwd: Duplicate module "sql sql", in file /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/sql

Fwd: Duplicate module "sql sql", in file /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/sql

rkitindi
Folks

I have no idea what's going on here, this is version 3.0.21 latest version.
How do we solve this?

I am running freeradius -X

Raj

--
MOTD: When we stop to think, we often miss our opportunity

--
MOTD: When we stop to think, we often miss our opportunity

Re: Duplicate module "sql sql", in file /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/sql

Alan DeKok-2
On Mar 27, 2021, at 5:01 AM, rajabu kitindi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Folks
>
> I have no idea what's going on here, this is version 3.0.21 latest version.

   You added the same module twice.  Don't do that.  Instead of:

sql sql {

   Use:

sql sql1 {

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Duplicate module "sql sql", in file /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/sql

rkitindi
Thanks Alan for quick response,

My config is just

sql {

}

I downgraded to version 3.0.20 with same config and its working fine.

Raj

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

On Mar 27, 2021, at 9:34 AM, rajabu kitindi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> My config is just
>
> sql {
>
> }

  Hmm... I suspect there's something more to it than that.

> I downgraded to version 3.0.20 with same config and its working fine.

  We test the SQL module on every code change, including every version that's released.

  If you just do:

$ cd raddb/mods-enabled
$ ln -s ../mods-available/sql

  And then run the server, it works.

  So what else is going on?  What other changes have you made to your configuration?

  Post the *full* debug output, including the exact error message.  It will tell you which files, and which line numbers have the duplicate modules.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Duplicate module "sql sql", in file /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/sql

rkitindi
Thanks Alan

I had these settings in my /etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf file under modules
section.

        $INCLUDE mods-enabled/
        $INCLUDE mods-enabled/sql

This was a root cause. So I commented out $INCLUDE mods-enabled/sql to get
it going.

But this way doesn't seem to be working because I have configured a user
defined module   "chillispot_max_bytes" under instantiate section, and when
I run freeradius -X command, I get an error chillispot_max_bytes is an
unknown module. But actually an include statement at the end of
mods-enabled/sqlcounter including a file which contains this contains this
user-defined module. This is how I did it

$INCLUDE ${modconfdir}/sql/counter/mysql/chillispot.conf

When I  open, $INCLUDE ${modconfdir}/sql/counter/mysql/chillispot.conf I
have

sqlcounter chillispot_max_bytes {
counter_name = Max-Total-Octets
check_name = ChilliSpot-Max-Total-Octets
reply_name = ChilliSpot-Max-Total-Octets
reply_message = "You have reached your bandwidth limit"
sql_module_instance = sql
key = User-Name
reset = never
query = "SELECT IFNULL((SUM(AcctInputOctets + AcctOutputOctets)),0) FROM
radacct WHERE username = 'User-Name' AND UNIX_TIMESTAP(AcctStartTime) +
AcctSessionTime > '%%b'"
}

What would be your opinion, should I just create a chillispot_max_bytes
under /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/?

Or if you have a working cheat sheet on how to integrate coovachilli with
freeradius, that will be appreciated too.

Thanks
Raj

On Apr 5, 2021, at 7:17 AM, rajabu kitindi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I had these settings in my /etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf file under modules
> section.
>
>        $INCLUDE mods-enabled/
>        $INCLUDE mods-enabled/sql
>
> This was a root cause. So I commented out $INCLUDE mods-enabled/sql to get
> it going.

  Or, read the comments in radiusd.conf, in the "modules" section.  The documentation says to include "sql" BEFORE the wildcard directory include.

  Then it works.

> But this way doesn't seem to be working because I have configured a user
> defined module   "chillispot_max_bytes" under instantiate section, and when
> I run freeradius -X command, I get an error chillispot_max_bytes is an
> unknown module. But actually an include statement at the end of
> mods-enabled/sqlcounter including a file which contains this contains this
> user-defined module. This is how I did it
>
> $INCLUDE ${modconfdir}/sql/counter/mysql/chillispot.conf
>
> When I  open, $INCLUDE ${modconfdir}/sql/counter/mysql/chillispot.conf I
> have
>
> sqlcounter chillispot_max_bytes {

  That's not really a good process.

> What would be your opinion, should I just create a chillispot_max_bytes
> under /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/?

  Yes.

> Or if you have a working cheat sheet on how to integrate coovachilli with
> freeradius, that will be appreciated too.

  All documentation is online.  There is no secret documentation that you have to ask for.

  It's good to see that CoovaChili is still alive.  The author got hired at Google, and there was near-zero progress for many years.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Duplicate module "sql sql", in file /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/sql

rkitindi
Hi Alan,

Thank you!

Raj