Fw: How to Enable Accounting Update using Freeradius-Client

Fw: How to Enable Accounting Update using Freeradius-Client

hrhashmi
Hi

I am using Freeradius-Client<https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-client> with opensips (aaa_radius<https://opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.4.x/aaa_radius.html>) and I need to enable accounting update, how can I do that?

I have added AVP Acct-Interim-Update<https://freeradius.org/rfc/rfc2869.html#Acct-Interim-Interval> in an Access-Accept packet but still freeradius-client in not generating accounting update. Is there any other configuration or AVP required in freeradius-client to enable interim updates.

Regards

Hamid R. Hashmi
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: How to Enable Accounting Update using Freeradius-Client

Alan DeKok-2

> On Dec 6, 2018, at 3:35 AM, Hamid Hashmi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I am using Freeradius-Client<https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-client> with opensips (aaa_radius<https://opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.4.x/aaa_radius.html>) and I need to enable accounting update, how can I do that?
>
> I have added AVP Acct-Interim-Update<https://freeradius.org/rfc/rfc2869.html#Acct-Interim-Interval> in an Access-Accept packet but still freeradius-client in not generating accounting update. Is there any other configuration or AVP required in freeradius-client to enable interim updates.

  The library does not automatically send accounting packets.  It just gives an API the application can use to build RADIUS packets.

  The OpenSIP server has to be updated to look for Acct-Interim-Update, and then send accounting packets.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html