Freeradius VLANID Question

Mysterious

Hi, at the moment i´m planing to build a Network based out of 20 VLAN over 8
Nortel switches. Depending on the given Layout of the Network I need to add
some PC´s to more than one Port based VLAN. Is it posible to give the VLAN
ID over the Radius Server, and is it possible to send more than one VLAN ID
for one Client to the Switch? Does this work?

Armin

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Freeradius VLANID Question

Michael Schwartzkopff
Am Mittwoch, 17. August 2005 19:46 schrieb Armin Krämer:
> Hi, at the moment i´m planing to build a Network based out of 20 VLAN over
> 8 Nortel switches. Depending on the given Layout of the Network I need to
> add some PC´s to more than one Port based VLAN. Is it posible to give the
> VLAN ID over the Radius Server, and is it possible to send more than one
> VLAN ID for one Client to the Switch? Does this work?
>
> Armin

hi,

I does work. I tried it with switches from HP and Cisco and I see no reason
why it should not work with nortel. I wrote an article in the German Linux
Magazin 12/2004 with the details. Please mail me direct if you are interested
in further details.

There are also a lot of good HOWTOs, especially one from Vladimir Vuksan
under:

http://vuksan.com/linux/dot1x/802-1x-LDAP.html

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

Tel: (+49 89) 456 911 - 0
Fax: (+49 89) 456 911 - 21
mob: (+49 174) 343 28 75

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html