Freeradius MSSQL

Bram Assendorp
Hi,

I'm trying to get Freeradius to work with MSSQL.

I have "driver = "rlm_sql_mssql"" but as stated in the above section:

> #  Configuration for the SQL module
> #
> #  The database schemas and queries are located in subdirectories:
> #
> #       sql/<DB>/main/schema.sql        Schema
> #       sql/<DB>/main/queries.conf      Authorisation and Accounting
> queries
> #
> #  Where "DB" is mysql, mssql, oracle, or postgresql.

There should be a file within, sql/mssql/main/schema.sql but it's not
there, there is no mssql folder.

Also when selecting the rlm_sql_mssql driver, what should be the "dialect"?
Should it just be mssql?

Thank you!
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Freeradius MSSQL

Alan Buxey
hi,

how did you install it? if via a distro package they should provide the SQL
files in some location.

otherwise, direct from the source eg for v3.x
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/tree/v3.0.x/raddb/mods-config/sql/main/mssql

and yes, dialect  mssql

alan
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Freeradius MSSQL

Bram Assendorp
Hi,

I installed it on Rhel 7, yum install freeradius and yum install
freeradius-mysql.

I copied the files from git, but now i'm facing an different error:

Could not link driver rlm_sql_mssql:
/usr/lib64/freeradius/rlm_sql_mssql.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory
Make sure it (and all its dependent libraries!) are in the search path of
your system's ld
/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/sql[20]: Instantiation failed for module "sql"

Seems like the mssql option is not installed or anything, I'm missing
packages?

Thank you.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Freeradius MSSQL

Alan Buxey
hi,

I installed it on Rhel 7, yum install freeradius and yum install
> freeradius-mysql.

so thats the main package and the *mysql* module install. but you want
mssql so you need to
install the mssql package ..if it even exists - that depends on the distro
maintainer etc and distro policies.

best to install from source maybe?

alan
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Freeradius MSSQL

Bram Assendorp
OK, tried to install it from source, I cannot get it to work. It's also
preferred for RHEL to use the yum packages which are include in the rhel
repo's (3.0.13) ,

Does anyone know why there is no mssql package available for RHEL 7?

Or any other ideas to get it to work?

Thnx!

Kind regards, Bram.

Op vr 28 dec. 2018 om 15:18 schreef Alan Buxey <[hidden email]>:

> hi,
>
> I installed it on Rhel 7, yum install freeradius and yum install
> > freeradius-mysql.
> >

> so thats the main package and the *mysql* module install. but you want
> mssql so you need to
> install the mssql package ..if it even exists - that depends on the distro
> maintainer etc and distro policies.
>
> best to install from source maybe?
>
> alan
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Freeradius MSSQL

Alan DeKok-2
On Jan 3, 2019, at 5:29 AM, Bram Assendorp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK, tried to install it from source, I cannot get it to work.

  What does that mean?

  If you install the right packages, it should build without an error.

> It's also
> preferred for RHEL to use the yum packages which are include in the rhel
> repo's (3.0.13) ,

  I don't suggest using 3.0.13.  The latest release is better.

> Does anyone know why there is no mssql package available for RHEL 7?

  Ask RedHat about their packages.

> Or any other ideas to get it to work?

  Post the *actual errors* you got when trying to build.

  If you read the Wiki, there are detailed instructions for building RedHat packages.  There are provisions for a "freetds" RPM which includes the MsSQL support.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html